Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tornadoes... not the Worcester baseball team

I just survived my first tornado warning. There had been a tornado watch through the night and I knew the Midwest gets a lot of those. Then the TV went black and the tornado warning came up with the beeps, and the voice advising to take cover and a timeline of when the tornado would hit (I missed half of it because I was about to have an anxiety attack). I freaked out because I was alone in my apartment and didn't know what to do (I would like to apologize to my mom for calling her frantically. But would also like to thank her for helping me get through it).

I am extremely afraid of tornadoes; I was traumatized in elementary school when my teacher thought it would be a good idea to study the Worcester tornado of 1940-something. But, for some reason I love the movie Twister. So when the beeping on the TV came on, I freaked out and wished I was roommates with Helen Hunt or Bill Paxton.

I really hope that never happens again, or at least when I'm alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment