Monday, September 28, 2009

Mond-A!!

Well, I didn't sleep too well last night because it was extremely windy out and I was still paranoid about tornadoes. My friend assured me that the warnings happen here, but the funnels never touch down in the city, just the suburbs if they even do at all. I will be prepared--and not so worried--next time.

Tonight, I got my first A of grad school!! The professor handed back the obits we had to write about ourselves, and she commented that mine was excellent and very creative. I killed myself via brain aneurysm, a compromise from the heart attack I originally had planned and the flesh-eating bacteria virus my dad thought would be much cooler or more interesting to die from. This week, we had to read our column articles we wrote to the class. Mine was called: "When it comes to sports... it's still a man's world." You can guess what that was about ;) She really liked it and said that it could be a real column because she had never read anything like it. Hopefully that will be my second A of grad school!!

I forgot to mention that last week, I wrote my first piece for the website Breaking Tweets Sports. I decided to start getting involved in campus and other writing activities (even if they were unpaid) in order to add more experience to my resume. Breaking Tweets is a website created last winter by a then-DePaul student and is a world news website done twitter style; someone writes a news story and shows how the twitter world reacts to the story around the world. It embraces the idea of citizen journalism. Anyways, here is my first contribution.
http://www.breakingtweets.com/sports/2009/09/22/plaxico-burress-sentenced-to-two-years-in-prison/

OK, time to start writing a paper due tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment