Monday, February 8, 2010

Web of Success

This blog post is about the class that is ruling my life (I said ruling, not ruining, although it is a debatable), but also a VERY valuable experience... the one in which we launched a neighborhood news blog. Well, this week we had to post three things, and after writing one post about celebrity in the Gold Coast neighborhood (a very wealthy neighborhood in Chicago), I decided to hit up a bar that offered speed dating parties every Friday night.

It turned into a pretty interesting feature article, which has been retweeted (on Twitter) 25 times, and got three comments, one from someone not in the class! Last week, my Polar Plunge article was also a hit. Me and another girl both covered it, and because the editor put a link to one of our articles on the front page of ChicagoNow.com, our Gold Coast blog hit #34 on the list of most popular blogs (there are about 180 of them)!

I'm interested to see what happens in class on Tuesday. In the meantime, I have one more post to complete, so I am off to take a walking tour of the Gold Coast neighborhood! (I am using Elli's Christmas gift before she can... thanks roommate!!).

PS.. to read the articles, click on the underlined text :) (cough Mom cough.. love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment