Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Best Winter Olympic Movies

Since the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics, I have had several strong urges to watch some Olympic-based movies. I am almost inclined to actually watch the movies, but then I will be missing the Olympics and we can't have that.

I thought of this movie as the countries were being introduced during the opening ceremonies. I wondered how half of them were able to field winter sport contingents due to their warm climates. Sadly, Jamaica does not have a bobsled team this year.

There were several times while watching pairs figure skating on Sunday and Monday that made me want to randomly shout "Toepick!" (And I don't count the other two ABC Family made-for-TV sequels).

Hockey started on Tuesday. I was so excited to watch. But I have a feeling this movie is better than any of the games I will be seeing during the Olympics. Hands down, one of my favorite movies ever.

Blades of Glory
The only reason this movie even popped into my head was because some of the costumes the men had to wear in pairs figure skating reminded me of Will Ferrell and Jon Heder's wardrobes in the flick. Right up U.S. male figure skater Johnny Weir's fashion alley, or should I say, runway.

Did I miss any Winter Olympic movies? Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment