Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An Intimate Shopping Experience

UPDATE: My post was featured on today's Hot on ChicagoNow!

On Friday, I ventured to The 900 Shops on Michigan Ave where I found an interesting story for my class blog... by accident!

My friend is in a photography class and needed a portrait, so I volunteered--half jokingly--to stand in the lingerie store window between the thin models (turns out, there was one big model and one skinny model). When we went into the store, we told the manager that we were working on a body image piece and she let us take the photos.

They were so nice and started talking to us about how they view body image issues and their customers. Turns out, the store serves women of all sizes. I jotted down notes and ended up with a positive body image piece. Take a look, complete with my modeling debut.

1 comment:

  1. i really like that store's approach to size - instead of trying to squeeze into something that will not fit, they'll help you find your right size. the only sad thing is stores like this seem to exist only in far away big cities...i'm sure there are plenty of people wearing the wrong bra size in worcester, come help some girls out!

    ReplyDelete