Thursday, November 5, 2009

Strep Throat Kim is a Cover Girl

Wow, that's a loaded title... And where is Jordan Knight when I finally need him? As at least my family knows (and now my editor because I made a bad joke when she told me I would have the November cover story back in August), I used to pretend that Jordan and the New Kids on the Block were singing "Cover Girl" about and to me when I was little. I would sit wrapped in my NKOTB comforter and sheets.. ok that part didn't happen, but I still love that song. And now I can't even hum it to myself as my glorious cover story has been released to the public.

As some of you know I've been down and out the last few days with strep throat. I've felt a lot better since my fever broke, but it's still real difficult to talk, let alone belt the lyrics of a cheesy boy band song. These 875 mg horse pills of amoxicillin are really working their magic best they can. As soon as I have the energy I intend on writing a post on how crappy America's health insurance is, even though everyone knows that already. Right after I have a date with the hairbrush and a mirror.

I wanted to share with you this Pulse magazine article, my cover story on Worcester boxer Edwin Rodriguez. He's such an awesome person to talk with. We had a long interview on the phone and someday when I'm back in Worcester I hope to meet him in person. Anyway, here it is.. it's a little long (it is a cover story after all!) but I'm so proud of it: The Real Edwin Rodriguez.

Ok it's time for a nap. I'm trying to make a mark in my to-do list best I can, because school is winding down and this weekend was slated to film some media projects, not to mention my professor of my Monday class decided to have us do a complete package in a week, the week I happen to get strep. So I'm a little stressed, but need to focus on getting better. My packages are going to come out so crappy because I can barely speak. Washington had Deep Throat, Chicago has Strep Throat... Kim that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment