Sunday, November 15, 2009

Penny for my thoughts, I'd be rich

You know those sayings... "penny for your thoughts" and "if I could only get inside your head"? Well, I would give someone 2,000 pennies (that's 20 bucks if you're bad at math... I used a calculator) in order to get inside my head and shut it off at night. Every night I lay in bed and as soon as the lights go out, my brains kicks into high gear and the wheels usually spin until about 4 a.m. on most nights/mornings. I'm beginning to think that I might be a vampire, because I can only seem to sleep during the day and do some of my most active, albeit strangest, thinking in the dark. The whole vampire point segues me into the "crazy things that keep me thinking instead of sleeping" list I have created to share with you. Ironically, this blog idea was one of them:

1. a. I really don't get the whole Twilight hysteria. I saw the movie, got it off Netflix and it was almost painful to watch. I was extremely disappointed in the quality. I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, but the plot and storyline and acting is so weak and clearly targeted to the tween scene. Which is OK, but I honestly don't get why adults are also obsessed with the movie.
b. Second part of this, I don't get the craze over Robert Pattinson, who I fondly refer to as "the kid who doesn't wash his hair." The love story between him and Bella/Kristen Stewart is so platonic and their "true love" comes out of nowhere. They stare at each other most of the time and that, I guess, is the extent of the "intense" yet severely underdeveloped love affair. Their love story is an eighth of what Kate and Leo's was in Titanic or any other romantic comedy at that. Why are people SO obsessed with they getting together in real life? They're not cute together. OK, I'm done now. Sorry if I offended any of you Twilight lovers.

2. I spend a good chunk of the time cursing myself for the tasks I put off and didn't cross off my "to do" list. Then I rewrite the list in my head, sighing when it comes to thinking of a bill or transferring funds to my checking account.

3. Did I log out of my Gmail account on the school computer? If I didn't someone might read my email... Do I have anything important in my email that might incriminate me? I'm pretty sure I did log out and end the conversation with myself with a simple "oh well." It just spirals out of control.

4. Tomorrow I have to do laundry. I wonder if that sauce stain is going to come out now because I didn't do laundry again when I was supposed to...

5. I then craft blog posts in my head for about 20-25 minutes. And repeat and rehearse them when I think of something I like so I don't forget it when I wake up in the morning. The things I do for my dedicated readers ;)

6. Seriously, I should have taken a sleeping pill. And get angry with myself and with my brain, begging for it to just shut off so I can get some shut eye. Now I'm going to oversleep, wake up at 11 am, waste half the day and even with that I'm still barely getting enough sleep.

7. Does my bread have mold on it? I didn't put it in the fridge and it might start breeding mold overnight and then I'll need to go buy more and who has time for that...

8. I debate whether I put my house keys back in the little pocket in my purse. Then I actually get up and check if I can't remember.

Now I sound crazy. Half, if not all, of these thoughts seem like OCD behavior. I promise I'm normal during the day... it's like I said, as soon as the lights go out, my brain picks everything possible in order to keep me awake. It's a conspiracy. I think I just have so much to do and going on that I feel like I am wasting time sleeping when I could be doing other things.

Alright, almost 2 a.m. let's get this party started.

No comments:

Post a Comment