Sunday, November 15, 2009

Raising the White Flag

I played a flag football double header on Thursday night. My friend invited me and I went because I thought it would be fun to meet new people and get some exercise. It was my first physical activity other than walking to the El and back in two weeks thanks to the Strep Throat. The only other time I played flag football was when I worked at ESPN... unlike then I actually played on this team. I didn't get the ball at all, but running up and down the field was a good workout.

Fast forward two days, and I am still sore. God do my upper legs and quads hate me. I have been limping around like an invalid. This is pathetic!! My 90-year-old grandfather is in better shape than me.

As soon as I'm feeling more limber, I'm going to take a shot at that new yoga DVD I bought at Best Buy the other day. I am desperately hoping it helps me relax and sleep at night.

Ah well. Hope you had a good laugh. I try to sneak in a few chuckles when I'm not wincing. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself it's going to be a longggg ride. Right now, I'm too busy waving the white flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment