Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day Two: "Lay off me, I'm starving!"

I cheated a little yesterday. I was so good all day, I even researched how many calories were in those stupid little creamers when added to an 8 oz. cup of coffee (about 20-- a better bet is going to Dunkin Donuts for a medium coffee with skim milk for about five more calories). I knew I was going to be meeting my friend out at the bar for $1 tacos last night and had budgeted enough calories for two tacos and a draft beer. Well, I was starving and the tacos were delicious. I forewent the beer for an extra taco. And then had a fourth (they are small and oh so delicious! They also seem pretty healthy, not loaded with crap and grease like Taco Bell or my favorite late-night Mexican joint across the street from my apartment).

While I ended the day about 200 calories over, I definitely realized how many more I could have eaten and passed over because I was conscious of what I was shoving in my mouth. Instead of reaching for a spoonful of ice cream (which usually leads to another) when I got home from work, I opted for some carefully measured peanut butter on a slice of wheat bread to tide me over until dinner.

I'm not perfect, but I'm learning. Not everyone is able to hit a home run in their first Major League at-bat like Daniel Nava (Red Sox reference... can you tell I'm eager for spring?).

I've been watching this for a few laughs since it's pretty much how I feel, and because I've been repeating the line over in my head every time I want to eat something. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment