Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 8- Orlando, FL to Jacksonville, FL

On Friday, it was on to the next stop. This would be our easiest drive—a quick 2.5-hour jaunt up I-95 to Jacksonville. It was hard to say goodbye to Renata, but I knew one of my other high school besties was waiting for me.

We reached Heather’s Jacksonville abode shortly after noon and hopped directly into the car, destination beach. The weather was beautiful and sunny, but a fierce breeze made sunning ourselves on the beach a little challenging. It’s a little hard to get some color when you’re all covered up. After a few hours of tanning and wading in the cool Atlantic Ocean, we hit a beach-front restaurant for lunch. As we ate on the patio, covered in towels to keep our legs warm, the beautiful view of clear blue skies and palm trees made it hard to admit that it might be just chilly enough to put on a pair of jeans.

A second consecutive home-cooked dinner and low-key movie night in was just what the doctor ordered. If that makes me sound old, then I don’t wanna be young!

Although they were both quick visits, it was so great to see my friends. Ally was such a champ to sit through my walks down memory lane with both Heather and Renata. Sometimes it can be difficult to be an outsider when close friends reunite, but she fit right in and with ease. I realized how much I miss my friends and how disconnected we can get when our daily lives interfere, but I am going to try to do better at keeping in touch in between our annual visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment