Thursday, September 8, 2011

Nice to Meat You, Brazilian Steakhouse

Last night, a coworker and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse for dinner. I've never been to one before, seeing it's pretty pricey unless you have a buy one/get one special like we had, but I had heard so many delicious details about it.

The way it works is that it's an all-you-can-eat event, starting with an extravagant salad bar. This one included sushi, amazing black beans and beef mix, lobster bisque and a host of cheeses and fresh vegetables like asparagus and artichoke hearts. My coworker asked if it was bad that she didn't have any actual salad on her plate after leaving the salad bar (bar is an understatement--I've been to actual pubs that are smaller than this salad bar area was).

After you munch on your "salad," you flip over your magic card that sends dozens of handsome Brazilian men to your table throughout the night offering you a piece or a slice of 14 different meats (including fillet Mignon wrapped in bacon, regular fillet, Parmesan-crusted chicken and pork, chicken wrapped in bacon, flank steak, sirloin, BBQ pork ribs, beef brisket, a house special meat that was delicious, lamb leg and lamb chops, and more).

It was even more amazing as it sounds.

I mean, all-you-can-eat meat served to me by hot Brazilians? YES PLEASE! Oh, and I forgot to mention the rolls stuffed with cheese, creamy mashed potatoes and cinnamon-sugar bananas (to cleanse the palette between meats to ensure full flavor) that graced the table.

I threw my calorie counting out the window for the night and enjoyed myself to the fullest. Although I'm sure I ate more than I was supposed to, I actually didn't feel that guilty because I was filling up on fresh meat and vegetables and not pizza or pasta for dinner. My only regret is that I wish I could have eaten more! I'd never get my money's worth if I paid full price ($50), so I'll have to wait for another deal to go back. That is if I can stop drooling every time I remember the fillet melting in my mouth...

No comments:

Post a Comment