Thursday, June 30, 2011

One of the Best Recipes I've Ever Made

I made the most delicious dinner last night: Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili. Yes, it tastes as amazing as it sounds.

I found it when I was on a hunt for healthy, low-cal crock pot meals I could make a lot of and eat at a later time (thanks to a little inspiration from my friend Meg). Ironically, this isn't made in a crock pot. While it insists you use a dutch oven, I made it in a regular pan. You don't have to cook this chili for eight hours either.--40 minutes total cook and prep time. It took me longer to cut the vegetables and measure the ingredients than it did to actually cook it.

The best part is that it's only 307 per 2-cup serving and very flavorful (so glad I made a special trip to get some cumin). I paired it with some Trader Joe's Baked Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (110 calories for 18 chips, $1.99 a bag) and was stuffed for the rest of the night. Best part is--I have three containers filled (2-cup portions) and ready to eat at a later date!

No comments:

Post a Comment