Sunday, June 19, 2011

Heavy Medal

Last night's NKOTBSB concert, awesome. Waking up 5.5 hours later and running a 5K, not so awesome.

Most people wouldn't usually sign up to run a race the morning after a concert, but I was bribed. As you may know, I am running the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in August. Well, the Rock 'n' Roll organization decided to host a 5K Tune Up this morning in conjunction with that race. I did it for two reasons: finishers got a medal and it was way cooler looking than the half marathon medal, and second, if runners did both the 5K and the Half, they get a special THIRD medal as a reward. I love prizes.

Anyways, I dragged myself out of bed and ended up finishing the 5K in a personal best time, completing the 3.1 miles in 32:58, running a 10:37 minute per mile pace. I guess in my head I thought that the faster I ran, the quicker I would be done and the sooner I would be able to go back to bed. I also wanted to get my finisher's flip flops before my size was all gone (I think the motivation I get from prizes might be a little problematic). The official results place me 736 out of 1,399 runners overall.

So the great events continue-- I got my first running medal and finished a 5K in record time. I should probably consider playing the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment