Sunday, January 31, 2010

Saturday is for Swimming, Even in January

As most of you may know, school has been very busy this quarter. Just take a look at the number of posts I have been writing here... not many lately. This also due to the fact that for one of my classes, we have been working on and just last week finally launched two hyperlocal news blogs for the Gold Coast and Old Town Chicago neighborhoods.

These blogs are part of the ChicagoNow network (operated by the Chicago Tribune Media Company). The process has been a huge challenge and a LOT of work, but I know in the end it will make me better at what I do and better prepared for the new journalism market. Media is heading in the direction of hyperlocal and community-based news and these neighborhood blogs are a real life experiment by the Tribune.

As a member of the Gold Coast Now news blog team, I set off to cover my first event on Saturday-- the Polar Plunge. Hundreds of people took a dip in Lake Michigan for charity in below freezing weather.
Check out my article and photo gallery on the Polar Plunge along with the rest of the website: Click here to view the action on Gold Coast Now.
Happy reading!!
P.S... If you have more time, browse the site... I've written other stories and posted other photo galleries on the site as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment