Monday, October 3, 2011

Seven Month Check-Up

Today was my follow-up visit with my doctor to weigh-in, re-test my cholesterol and to get a pat on the back for the great job I've done in the last seven months. It was more like a slap in the face.

As it turns out, I've lost just six pounds since March. SIX. Now before you go and say "oh that's still great, it's better than nothing," it's actually not. Think about this: that is LESS than ONE POUND per month. I worked my ass off. I spent the last seven months on a strict 1,400 calorie a day diet, trained for two half marathons and even threw in a month of Bikram yoga.

I mean, seriously, what else do I have to do?! While I was getting blood taken, the doctor agreed it would be best to test my thyroid because she also thought the weight loss was a little low for what I had been doing. I told her I was trying not to get so frustrated that I'd quit, but it's getting really hard to put in the work and not get the reward. I know I've made a healthy lifestyle change, blah blah blah, but until you've practically starved yourself, drove yourself crazy counting calories and sweat out long runs, you don't really know how frustrating it is to be stuck in the same range on the scale and weigh in at the bloated number of 170.

I'll find out my cholesterol results tomorrow. I would hope that my cholesterol at least benefited from my actions over the last seven months, but I'm trying not to get too excited so when it comes back with a prescription for medicine, I'm not too disappointed.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment