Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Attack of the Grumpy Middle-Aged Woman

So just a funny story to share:

Last night I was running home with my co-worker Abby when some middle-aged prissy woman not only told us that we "looked like terds" while jogging in place at a stoplight, but was kind enough to show us how we looked by stomping her heels and jumping up and down with her tongue hanging out. Pretty sure there was only one idiot in this situation and she wasn't wearing running gear. She actually repeated the "terd" part twice with a scowl to make sure we heard what she thought of us.

She wasn't a crazy homeless lady either--she was wearing a suit, was skinny and primped and carrying a briefcase, probably in her late 40s. I have no idea what provoked her to attack perfect strangers minding their own business, but her life must suck if that's how she behaves outside of her social circle.

That woman was lucky I had on headphones and didn't hear what she said until Abby told me after we crossed the street because I would have had a few choice words for her. I was shocked and annoyed that someone could be so rude, but it fueled us "terds" to run faster the rest of the way. Later that night, I couldn't stop laughing every time I thought about it. It's such an unusual yet hilarious story I get to share now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment