Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mother Nature Must Have Heard Me

When the weather started getting warmer--and then sweltering--I ended every training session with a little prayer that it wouldn't be as hot, humid and miserable on race day as it was during that run.

I'm aware that I signed up for a race in the middle of the hottest month of the year (everyone else likes to remind me of how bad of a decision that was). I am prepared for it to be hot, but a girl can dream. I'd respond with every cringe and every "good luck with that" with a laugh and an "I'm hoping it will be 65 and cloudy with low humidity."

Well, according to the forecast, I got my 65 degrees! Earlier in the week they were actually predicting clouds and a chance of showers during race time. As of this afternoon, weather.com is predicting that it's going to be 65, sunny and 93 percent humidity. Yuck to the humidity part but I am well aware it could be so much worse and so much hotter! This is great running weather, especially for the month of August.

Also, I set out for a new pair of spandex this morning (I decided to run in spandex because my running shorts cause chafing and it would be too hot to wear capris) and they rang up on clearance (can you say $4.24??). Now I'm looking forward to carb loading tonight with regular pasta--I really hate the wheat kind I'm forced to eat whenever I eat pasta these days.

Seems as if everything is falling into place... now let's just hope I don't end up in last place tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment