Thursday, December 10, 2009

Observations from O’Hare Part II

Two weeks later, I find myself once again sitting in another terminal in O’Hare. This time I’m flying American home for the holidays. I’ve flown United so much in the last couple years that I have become a Terminal 1 snob. I feel out of place in this Terminal 3… far less moving sidewalks, no intercom reminder to wash your hands and no hot pilots sitting across from me. What a bummer. Despite the differences, I am going to try to come up with some humorous observations once again…

-A different terminal, another man walking around without his shoes on.

-Instead of a hot pilot, I am sitting across from a guy wearing a Yankees hat. I wonder if he realizes this is a flight to BOSTON (speaking of, good-bye Mike Lowell, parting is such sweet sorrow!)

-Holy crap, some guy is wearing shorts. I wonder if HE realizes this is a flight to Boston!

-The kid in the Yankees hat is making plans with some people to go out in Boston in the North End. Good decision to avoid the Fenway.

-McDonald’s is the number one food choice in this terminal as it was in the United one last month. This kid just opened his Big Mac and I started drooling all over my cute new green puffy vest.

-Looking around, I think I am the only girl on this flight.

-Here comes a pilot… but he’s old. Maybe I should see if they have a suggestion box where I can request cuter, younger pilots to stare at while I wait for my flight.

-There is a guy here that makes me wonder… is he famous or important or does he just like to act like he is? I’m going with the latter; he might have a first class ticket which could explain his behavior. And his turtleneck.

-The Big Mac kid is wearing a Northwestern sweatshirt. Should have worn my DePaul hoodie and we could have had a staring contest to see whose school is better. My cute green (and reversible) vest trumps his purple attire.

-There is a girl in a pair of boots, but they look more like dead animals wrapped around her legs.

-The man sitting across from me looks like a younger version of my late Uncle George. I have the urge to give him a hug.

-I just spied the Yankee hat kid's name tag dangling from his carry on. He has two first names. Never trust a man with two first names... especially if he is wearing a Yankee hat.

Time to go! Boston, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment