Saturday, December 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It's true what they say, you can always come home. Even if sometimes it means biding time stuck on a train en route and sleeping on an air mattress once you get there.

After a long day traveling via bus-El-plane-T-commuter rail (which I was stuck on outside Union Station for an extra hour and a half due to a derailed train in front of us), I finally made it home safely. I was welcomed with open arms... and also an egg nog and whiskey (thanks to my sister!).

I was reminded of home almost immediately upon my return; I ran into an old college friend in South Station (Boston) and a new friend in Union Station (Worcester). In my short stay so far, I've learned that despite the air mattress and rearranged room, not much has changed around here. And no matter how much things may change, friends and family stay the same. And I plan on spending the next three weeks enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment