Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Here come the baked goods...

It's hard enough to stick to your diet on normal days. But throw in working in an office obsessed with sharing goodies combined with the holidays, and you pretty much get a dieter's nightmare.

I've been good so far, taking a bite or a slice only here and there, but I have a feeling my willpower might wilt in the coming week. Yesterday there was chocolate overload in the work kitchen. A giant chocolate trifle cake was delivered to us, and a coworker brought in pounds of different chocolaty greatness as a thank you to us all for our support during his recent illness.

Thankfully I only worked a half day so I didn't have to be around all of it all day, but I did eat a handful of Jordan almonds before I left. I mean, how can you pass those up!?

I was proud that the only thing I wanted from the cake was this plastic reindeer which served as one of the festive toppers. Whenever I look at him--Steph and I have named him Skinny Pete--I will be reminded of my will power and hope its magical powers will help me resist the influx of baked goods that is to come. Also, Skinny Pete has a special place in my heart because he's made of cheap plastic, making him a little rough around the edges and discolored in spots, notably his pasty white legs. He doesn't have a perfect body, just like me. Move over Rudolph, there's a new reject reindeer in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment