Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Having a Ball!

Boy does Chicago love mixing sports activities and beer! And I'm not talking just about pool and darts.

Last week, I went to two different bars and had a blast. And it wasn't because I got free beer or met cute boys. I got to play some real sports AND drink beer at the same time!

On Wednesday, my fellow RedEye Wrigleyville blogger Victoria and I hit up Sluggers, a sports bar a stone's throw away from Wrigley Field. Downstairs is the typical bar, but upstairs there is a dueling piano bar as well as a big kid's Chuck E. Cheese, complete with batting cages, cheap skee-ball and other fun arcade activities. You can even win tickets and get (cheap, plastic) prizes!

I rocked the cages, hit almost every ball that came at me, and rocked at skee-ball, too. Enough tickets to win us each a prize! Here is Victoria's write up with additional photos.

I was a little sore the next day, but it didn't stop me and I was in top shape for my next adventure: a bar with bowling alleys! I went with a few other friends to this bar around the corner from my apartment which also has lots of billiards (it's pretty impressive how much they fit in that place!). On my very first frame, of the very first game, I bowled a strike. Followed by a few spares. However, it was all downhill from there, and I ended up in third place (out of four) in both games. But I did manage to break 100 each time... so I guess I just need to go with bad bowlers next time so I can win :)

No comments:

Post a Comment