Monday, June 28, 2010

Radioing in a New Experience

On Saturday, I made my radio debut! Fellow neighborhood blogger Zach Morrison and I (he writes for the Boystown blog and I, as you know, write for the Wrigleyville one) were invited to be on the ChicagoNow Radio show on WGN720.

Before Saturday morning, I was more excited than nervous. However, once I got to the WGN green room waiting to be taken in to the studio I started to get really nervous. I was so afraid I would say something stupid or stutter or sound really annoying. The words of my high school journalism teacher kept running through my head: "If you want to be on TV or radio you better change your voice."

However, I decided to pay more attention to my roommate's reassuring words that my voice wasn't so bad and was determined to go in and just have a good time. If I was self-conscious, I wasn't going to do well.

Once we got in the studio, the hosts were so nice and made us feel very comfortable. It was a lot of fun and the time went by so quickly. During the show, I felt more important than I actually was because tourists were looking into the studio from Michigan Ave and taking photos of us on air. I tried not to laugh at them.

After the show was over, both the producer and the hosts told us what a great job Zach and I did. We're hoping they liked us enough to invite us back! :)

Being on the radio was such a great, exciting, new experience to have. Working with the RedEye Wrigleyville blog has already given me so many fun opportunities... and to think I almost dropped the class that introduced me to it all!

You can listen to the commercial-free version of Saturday morning's Boystown and Wrigleyville segment of the show here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment