Monday, June 28, 2010

A Wildly Good Time

On Friday night, my friend Christiana and I ventured to the Lincoln Park Zoo to see one of my favorite bands, Lifehouse, in concert.

Although neither of us were sure how the concert would be set up, we quickly found out once we entered the zoo. There was a large grassy area in the middle of the zoo just past the monkey house where hundreds of people gathered with blankets and chairs. We found a spot on the side of the stage, laid out on our blankets and waited for the concert to begin.

Lifehouse was amazing in concert and it was a really good time. When the concert started we left our blankets behind and stood pretty close to the stage. While I loved standing up close, I was a little worried someone might try to steal my trusty Patriots blanket. Luckily, no one did.

During the concert, the lead singer Jason Wade told the crowd how he grew up a giant Chicago Bulls fan and rocked his Michael Jordan jersey amidst rabid Seattle Sonic fans. And how a concert in a zoo was also a first for the band.

"I've played in a lot of different places over the last 11 years but I ain't never played in a zoo before!" Wade told the crowd. "But I'm kind of diggin' it!"

Because it was such a small area, the concert was very intimate. The only negative: the smell. At one point early on in the evening Christiana looked at me and asked, "why does it smell like wet, dirty animal? Oh wait, it's because we're in a zoo!" Boy those wafts of smelly, wet animal were strong when they hit.

Overall, I love Lifehouse and the Zoo and attending a concert in such a unique place was a fun Chicago experience. And one I would totally do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment